The latest on the jeans circle quilt:
I've got all the colored fabric squares cut out, as well as all the squares of batting (lots of them, since I decided to use a double layer). I've got my new red thread for sewing it all together.
Now I'm on the long step of figuring out where each colored square goes in the overall quilt, since each square is unique (the nature of tie-dye, of course). I expect this phase will take me several days, and the sewing will take another several days. Of course, that doesn't even count the pinning: 221 squares, at least 4 pins per square--I think I'd better go get some more pins! I'm throwing out a lot of them, too, since the pins are bending easily as I force them through all the thick layers of denim and batting.
The sewn-together-and-ironed-over circles look pretty good, but I have a minor case of "blank canvas syndrome", where I just can't decide where to start!
Fortunately, I'm getting some help. I let my younger daughter try laying out a pattern, and she did a pretty good first cut:
Now I can move forward, since I have an initial design to work from or work against (mine is likely to be completely different, but hers gives me something to rearrange). In the meantime, I'm getting a little too much help from Lacey!
She always manages to pick a background that looks good on her. She thinks the quilt is for her anyhow, so she's making sure she likes it...
I guess it's hard work being that cute all the time!